A lot of users use Mac around the world. Macs are considered to be one of the most versatile among the other devices in its class. If you want to connect your Mac to your TV, you can easily do it by using Apple TV. But many users don’t have the Apple TV and they want to connect mac to tv wirelessly without apple tv. If you are one of the users having Mac and you want to connect your Mac to a TV without using the Apple TV, you are at the right place. Here, we have discussed the ways to connect mac to tv wirelessly without apple tv. Go through this article carefully to get a proper idea about how to do it.
Ways to connect your Mac to TV wirelessly and without using the Apple TV:
Mac can be connected wirelessly to only Smart TVs. Older versions of TVs can’t be connected wirelessly to the mac. So, you can try this option only if you have a smart TV. Keep in mind that all smart TVs don’t support Airplay2. Only some leading manufacturers of the market support this Airplay 2. Roku and Amazon Fire TV will start supporting Airplay 2 from the upcoming summer (as expected). To connect your Mac to the TV, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Open the menu on your TV.
- At the top of the screen of your Mac, you will find a menu. From that Menu click on Airplay.
- Find your TV/Roku/Fire in the Airplay 2 and then click on the option representing your TV.
- After you have selected this option, you will see that the screen of your mac screen will be mirrored to your TV.
- Note: The Mac and the TV should be connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
Connecting your Mac to the TV with the help of Apple TV:
- In case you already have the Apple TV then there is no need to connect your mac to tv wirelessly without apple tv as you can do it with the help of your Apple TV. Follow the steps mentioned below to do this:
- Plug your Apple TV to your TV with the help of the HDMI port.
- Use the same Wi-Fi network for your Mac as well as TV.
- Click on the Airplay icon at the top of the screen of your Mac.
- Find the Apple TV in the Airplay and click on it.
- Just after selecting your TV from the list, you will see the screen of your Mac on your tv.
Connecting your Mac to the TV without Airplay and Apple TV:
- In case you don’t have Airplay as well as Apple TV and you want to connect your Mac to your TV. You can do it this way. This would be a wire-based connection. If you want to connect your Mac to your TV like this, follow the steps mentioned below:
- At first, you need to verify the ports that you have on your Mac as well as on the TV. Here are some of the ports available across different versions of Mac: Micro-DVI port, Mini Display Port, USB-C, Thunderbolt, HDMI. Your TV may have different ports as per the model of your TV.
- After you have recognized the ports on your TV as well as Mac, buy a suitable adapter and then connect your Mac to your TV. Then, follow the instructions on your TV and Mac then, you will be ready to go.
- In case you have a new version of Mac, your mac will be able to send audio and video via the same port. But if you have some older versions, you will need to connect two different ports for transferring audio and video signals.
You can check whether your Mac is able to send audio and video signals via the same port, follow the instructions mentioned below:
- Click on the Apple logo in the top-left corner of the screen.
- Select About this Mac.
- Click on the option Overview.
- From the list of options, click System Report then select Audio.
After clicking on System Report a list will appear on the screen. If HDMI Output or HDMI/Display Port Output is available on that list, then your Mac can transfer audio and video signals together.
In this article, we have mentioned the ways you can connect mac to tv wirelessly without apple tv. We have also discussed connecting the mac to TV with the help of Apple TV. In case, you don’t have apple TV and Airplay, we have discussed connecting your Mac to the TV using the cables. If you are unable to connect your Mac to your TV even after trying all the options mentioned above, feel free to contact us. We have got a team of experts to solve all your issues related to phones and PCs. You can contact us through our website and the other contact details provided below.
Read more… Remove google account from chrome