Avast is an antivirus that provides good protection to your system. Avast has many problems and one of the common problems is Avast not opening. When this error occurs then it doesn’t show any error code.
Most of the time the reason behind this error is Broken Avast installation and Avast Antivirus service not running properly and many cause also available.
Solutions to fix Avast not opening:-
Here are many easy and quick solutions available to fix this issue. Follow the below steps:
- Restart Avast:-
Sometimes, simply restart Avast software and it could fix the error Avast not opening. So, follow the below steps to restart Avast carefully:
- Press and hold down the Windows key + R simultaneously to open Run dialogue box.
- Now, type msc in Run dialogue box and tap on OK to open the Service tool.
- One another way to open the control panel by situating it into the Start menu. Search for the control panel in the search bar.
- After opening the control panel window, change the view by option which is at the top right part of the widow to Large Icons and scroll down to search out Administrator Tools and tap on it and situate the Services shortcut at the bottom. Tap on it to open.
- Search for Avast antivirus on the list and right-click on it and choose properties from the available menu.
- If, services start then you should stop it by tap on Stop option which is in the middle of the window. Leave it for a while after stopping.
- Also, assure with one thing that the startup type menu which is in the service’s properties window is set as automatic before you start for further. If any confirmation box pop-up then confirms it.
- Now, tap on the start option which is in the middle of the window before exit.
- It may be possible that you get an error message saying: Windows could not start the Avast Antivirus on Local computer. Error 1079: if it happens then follow the below instructions:
- Follow the 1-4 steps from the above instructions to open the service’s properties window.
- Go to Log On tab and tap on browse…
- Enter the object name to select which is under the entry box, then enter your account’s name, tap on checks name and wait for the name to visible.
- Now, tap on OK to confirm the changes and enter the password in the password box. When the password is set then it prompts you to finish.
- You can see, Avast not opening will be fixed.
- Repair Avast software:-
Simply go to the control panel and use an app wizard to fix the Avast not opening issue.
- At first, assure that you are logged in as an administrator account so you would not be able to delete the programs using any other account.
- Tap on the start menu and search for the control panel.
- Now, select view as: category from control panel which is ta the top right corner and tap on uninstall a program which is under the program section.
- If you use settings app then click on apps that show all installed programs on your computer.
- Now, locate the control panel in settings or control panel and tap on repair or uninstall
- It will uninstall wizard which should open with several options as modify, repair, update and uninstall.
- Tap on repair and then tap on next to fix the installation of the program.
- Now, a pop-up message shows to you asking for confirming the process.
- Tap on the finish after completing the uninstallation process.
- Restart your computer to see Avast not opening will be resolved.
- Clean installation:-
If all the above method does not work then follow this method to fix avast not opening issue. It is a very simple process to execute.
- At first, download the latest version of Avast and install it.
- Also, download Avast uninstall utility to save your computer.
- Once you download these files and boot into safe mode then disconnect it from the network.
- Press Windows key + R simultaneously to open the Run dialogue box.
- Enter msconfig in Run dialogue box and tap on OK
- From the system configuration window, go to the boot tab which is at the right and check the Safe Boot and tap on OK.
- Now, restart your computer to boot into safe mode.
- Run Avast uninstall utility and browse for the Avast installed folder. If you installed it in the default folder then you can leave it. Be careful to select the correct folder and go to File explorer until you find the right one folder.
- Now, tap on the remove option and restart your computer by boot it in a normal setup.
- Open Avast to check error resolved.
This was all about How to fix Avast not opening. If still you have any problem, you can take the help of customer support team on their toll-free number.
More read………. Windows 10 settings won’t open