Google account allows you to access various Google products easily like Google Play, Google music etc. Many times, the user forgets the password and is not able to access the Google account. Some users forget the username also. Google provides you many options to recover your Goggle account which requires either your phone number or a recovery mail address. You can easily recover Google account without phone number.
Recover Forgotten Gmail password without phone number
Steps on how to reset Gmail password without phone number:
- Go to Gmail login page.
- Click on “Trouble signing in”
- You will be asked to enter your email id. Type your email id and click Next.
- If you have forgotten your email id then, click on “find my account” button. They will help you to find and identify your account.
- Click on Next.
- You will be asked to enter the last password you remember. Enter any last password you remember.
- Even if you can’t remember any last password, you have other options available. Opt for “Try a unique question”.
- You will have to answer a unique question that you have selected while creating your Gmail account. It may be related to your school name, family members name or a pet’s name. Answer it correctly. If the answer matches, you will be directed to the login page.
- Once you are logged in create a new password. Make a strong password using letters, numbers and characters.
- You can also enter the month and year of account creation to get your access back.
- You have another choice offered by Google to change your password without using phone number. You can use another email address.
You can ask for a link on your alternate mail id. When you get the mail sent by Google, just open it and you will find a link. Follow the steps.
- Enter your old password and create a new password, retype the new password to confirm.
- You may be asked that “log out from other devices”? accepting it will log you out from other devices from that Gmail account. It is for the security reasons.
When you have Forgotten your Email address
In case, you have forgotten your email address and don’t have any recovery option like a phone number or answers to security questions, you can still access your account. See the steps below:
- Go to your browser history. If you find inbox history or other Gmail folder, you could clearly see your email address there.
- Your email address has your username as the first part of email address most of the time i.e. before @.
If still you are not able to recover your Google account. Just go to Google account recovery page. Enter your email address and click continue. For the password option, click “I don’t know”. Now go to verify your identity. You will be asked to answer some questions, answer them correctly. These are the questions which you have chosen while creating your Google account.
If you think someone else is using your account without your knowledge, look for the steps to recover a hacked account.