Chrome is one of the most widely used browsers of this day. It has a simple interface that makes it the most favored browsers for a lot of people. It is considered to be a fast and reliable option for users when it comes to choosing a web browser. But the facts mentioned above do not make Chrome free from faults. There are many faults associated with this browser. One of the most searched queries about chrome nowadays is how to get rid of chrome opening on startup. Recently, this query has been seen on most of the online forums. If you are one such user searching for a solution to this issue, you are in the right place. Here, we will mention all the possible solutions to your problem. Go through this article carefully to get rid of this problem.
Disable Chrome from the Startup programs:
The first thing that you can do to solve the chrome opening on startup issue is to disable chrome from the startup programs of your PC. You can do it by following the steps mentioned below:
- Open Task Manager on your PC (you can do it by pressing Ctrl + Shift + Esc).
- Once you are in the Task Manager, click on Startup Then, you will see a list of applications that open up when you start your PC.
- If you see Chrome in this list, click on chrome and then click on the Disable button that is available on the bottom-right corner of the window.
Alternatively, you can do the same by following the steps mentioned below:
- Type Startup in the search area at the bottom-left corner of the screen and then click on the most relevant result.
- Then you will see a list of applications that open up when you start your PC.
- If you see chrome in there, you can disable it by moving the slider next to chrome.
2. Stop Chrome from running background applications:
Many users have found that Chrome Autolaunch to be a reason behind this chrome opening on startup If the solution mentioned above didn’t fix your issue, you can try this one. You can stop chrome from running the background applications by using the registry editor of your Windows. Follow the steps mentioned below to do this:
- Press Start Key + R to open the Run utility box on your PC.
- In the utility box opened, type Regedit and then press Enter.
- Navigate the following path: Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Run.
- If you find anything inappropriate there, delete (you can delete it by right-clicking on that item and then select delete from the context menu).
- Now, navigate to the following path: Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Explorer\Startup.
- If you find something that you can’t recognize then delete it.
- After finishing this procedure, restart your PC to save the changes that you just made.
Use a Task Killer for Chrome:
This is an option worth trying if you want to fix your chrome opening on startup Here, we will tell you about how to make a Task Killer for Chrome. Follow the steps mentioned below to do this:
- Open Notepad on your PC. (you can do it by typing notepad in the search area at the bottom-left corner of the screen).
- In the notepad, type Taskkill/ IM chrome.exe/F.
- Save this file with an extension .bat.
- Open the Run utility again by pressing Start Key + R.
- Type shell: startup and then hit Enter.
- Then a startup folder will open. Save the batch file that you just created in this folder.
Restart your PC after completing this procedure and then you will see that your problem has been resolved.
Reset your Chrome to default state:
Many users have solved chrome opening on startup issue by resetting the chrome to its default state. If your problem persists, you can reset your chrome by following the steps mentioned below:
- Open Chrome on your PC.
- Click on the Menu (an icon with three-dot available at the top-right corner of the screen)
- Choose Settings from the list of options.
- At the bottom of the list, you will find an option Restore Settings to their original defaults. Click on this option.
- Then, you will be asked to confirm your decision, click on Yes.
Note: Resetting Chrome to default state will delete all the data that you have stores in the Chrome. Make sure that you have created a backup for the data that you have saved in Chrome.
Reinstall Chrome on your PC:
If any of the solutions mentioned above didn’t solve your chrome opening on startup issue, this is an option worth trying. At first, uninstall the Chrome from your PC and then install it again on your PC. Follow the steps mentioned below to uninstall the Chrome from your PC:
- Open Windows Settings on your PC.
- Select Apps & Features from the list of options.
- Then a list of applications will open on the screen. Find the Chrome in that list.
- Click on this option then click on the Uninstall
After the uninstall process is finished, download Chrome from the official website and then install it on your PC.
In this article, we have mentioned every possible way to fix your chrome opening on startup issue. If your problem persists even after trying all the options mentioned above, feel free to contact us through our website and the other contact details provided below. We have got a team of experts to solve all your problems related to PCs and phones.